Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pablo Picasso

Hello again people!


Oh my God. This is surprising. Pablo Picasso is the best student among all. Well, he was born on the 25th of October 1881. I never knew that. Thanks to Wikipedia. And my eldest brother has the same birthday with him. Back to the story. And he was born at Malaga, Spain. The reason I'm telling and writing about him is because I love his fine arts and quotes. It gives me such brilliant ideas. And again he is the son of an art and drawing teacher. No wonder he can draw so well right? Hm. He was a brilliant and bright student. He passed the entrance examination for the Barcelona School of Fine Arts at age 14 in just one day and was allowed to skip the first two classes. He was like so young and he managed to go for the School of Fine Arts. I bet he can already draw professionally by that time. In 1937 he already created his very own landmark painting that is Guernica. Which it is a painting of a protest against the barbaric air raid against a Basque village during the Spanish Civil War. How I wish I can see his paintings real life. Mamamia! Guernica was exhibited at the museum of Modern Art in New York until 1981. It was transferred to the Prado Museum in Madrid or Spain in 1981 and was later moved to the Queen Sofia Center of Art, Madrid in 1992. 
Well this is sad. He died in peace on 1973. I wasn't even born yet. How can I find his painting when I'm like stuck in the small country of here in Malaysia. Haha. See, this is my entry for today and for me to share with you guys. So have a nice day and enjoy reading. Even though its just a simple and a short story to tell. Cheers! Take care x x

No comments:

Post a Comment